Big Picture Responsibilities
Software Engineers build tools for the DNC both internally and for Democratic campaigns across the country. The last few years have seen incredible advances in campaign technology, and Software Engineers will help Democrats leverage these advances, while laying the groundwork for what comes next.
This position reports to the Director of Engineering and will work as a member of a team of engineers developing applications and back-end systems for both the DNC and Democratic campaigns and committees.
- Develop applications to help Democratic campaigns reach the electorate, raise money and turn out voters;
- Commit clean, readable, well-documented code and hustle to fix things when they break;
- Work in multiple layers of the application stack, from database to application code to user interfaces, across languages and technologies to design seamless experiences;
- Work across our technology department and with non-technical stakeholders to develop products and deliver them on schedule.
Software Engineers will have experience solving complex technical problems at all levels of the application stack. You want to help Democrats be faster and better at their jobs by decreasing friction for users across our applications. You probably also have:
- Expertise manipulating large amounts of data;
- Experience writing Ruby on Rails and/or Python, and parsing new languages and specifications;
- Excitement about working in a highly collaborative team that works under an agile framework, and;
- A commitment to the cause of electing Democrats and furthering progressive governance at all levels.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC) is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
Department: Technology Department
Location: Washington, D.C.