Big Picture Responsibilities
The Data Manager for Direct Marketing manages the data aspects of Direct Marketing (DM) Department projects and programs. The Direct Marketing Department is dedicated to strengthening communication and fundraising between Democratic National Committee and voters across the country.
This position works as a member of the Direct Marketing Department who brings technology resources to bear in establishing a clear vision and timeline for the data related tasks of DM projects. This position is responsible for the completion of the tasks in a timely manner. This position will work closely with the DM Department team in performing this role, and be the liaison with other Technology Department staff for technical resources and consultation.
- Work with the Marketing Manager on the data related tasks for DM projects, including direct mail and phone program data and program administration;
- Implement and support the use of data management systems on multiple, disparate projects such as SQL databases, web-based applications and ad-hoc analysis;
- Serve as a primary point of contact between the Technology and DM departments and marshal resources from with-in the Technology Department for DM needs.
You have at least 2 years of data management experience preferably in an electoral fundraising context. You have demonstrated success in completing data management projects. You have experience on a team with members working on both technical and non-technical subjects. You also may have:
- In-depth experience with SQL, Python, and other basic data management tools;
- Experience with developing the technical aspects of data tracking projects;
- Experience standardizing and analyzing data to produce reports;
- Familiarity with mail and phone direct-marketing programs structure and terminology; and,
- The ability to provide technical direction for your team while also carrying out day-to-day work.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC) is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
Department: Technology Department
Location: Washington, D.C.