The Democratic National Committee is looking to hire a couple talented email campaigners to help run one of the largest and most active email programs in the country. You will be responsible for planning, writing, and executing grassroots email campaigns using fundraising, citizen advocacy, and local organizing tactics to achieve our goals.
You'll work daily to engage millions of Americans to support President Obama and Democrats across the country, and coordinate with senior leadership to shape our voice.
- 2+ years experience on an email program for an electoral campaign, advocacy organization or non-profit; or working in a high-level position for a major digital organizing program
- Expert organizing and campaigning knowledge; should be familiar with email/digital organizing, communication, and fundraising best practices
- Keen understanding of how to recognize a great hook, how to craft emails that move people to act, and what actions will achieve the right impact at the right time
- Excellent writing and editing skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong, sharp, and personable writing style
- Familiarity with online organizing platforms (e.g. Blue State Digital, Convio, ActionKit)
- Familiarity with mail list segmentation and mass mail platforms
- Willing to work long hours as needed
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects
- Passionate about engaging millions of Americans in advancing President Obama's agenda, strengthening the Democratic party, and changing the country
- Bachelor's Degree
- Candidates must be willing to relocate to Washington, DC
Preference given for experience with:
- Statistical analysis and reporting
- Email writing for campaigns or speechwriting for a political campaign or office
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.