Big Picture Responsibilities
The Director of Data Science provides analytical leadership for the DNC. The position will build modeling and analytical tools for the DNC both internally and for Democratic campaigns across the country. The last few years have seen incredible advances in campaign technology, and the Director of Data Science will both help Democrats leverage these advances, while laying the groundwork for what comes next.
This position reports to the Director of Technology and will be the leader in applying data science to the work the DNC does to win elections and build the Democratic Party across the country. The Director of Data Science will work closely with a team of analysts internally at the DNC along with analysts working directly on campaigns and vendors servicing Democratic campaigns.
- Develop analytical methods for improving predictive models and analysis across departments and for Democratic campaigns;
- Help to develop the long-term strategy for using data to win campaigns by working with DNC staff, key stakeholders and experienced practitioners;
- Coordinate with the Director of Data Services and Director of Engineering to identify data and tool needs for campaign analysts and development plans;
- Lead a team of analysts working to support internal DNC programs and Democratic campaigns;
- Provide consultation with other DNC departments and Democratic campaigns, spreading a culture of experimentation and data driven decision-making throughout Democratic politics.
You probably have:
- Experience building dynamic, predictive models, built off of voter file data;
- Strong opinions on how data science should be applied in politics and the desire to see it happen;
- Expertise analyzing huge amounts of data, working with databases and statistical software;
- A strong mathematical and statistical background and a desire to work in an environment where you can apply those skills daily;
- Excitement about working in a highly collaborative team that works under an agile framework, and;
- A commitment to the cause of electing Democrats and furthering progressive governance at all levels.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC) is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
Department: Technology Department
Location: Washington, D.C.