The Democratic National Committee is looking to hire a digital production assistant to help run one of the largest and most active email programs in the country. In this position, you'll be responsible for getting written communications from Democratic leaders -- up to and including President Obama, Vice President Biden, and the First Lady -- to millions of Democratic supporters, and you'll be involved in the optimization and analytic operations of the Democratic Party.
This is an entry-level position, but we're looking for someone who wants to be the next Democratic digital star, and if you're willing to learn and work really (really) long hours, we'll give you the opportunity to become that.
- Be on point for setting up and sending email from Democratic leaders to one of the largest supporter lists in politics;
- Manage a variety of projects and portfolios from start to finish;
- Help manage an email calendar, and make sure that complicated initiatives come together;
- Analyze and report out the results of emails campaigns;
- Spot trends in our data and strategize for how to use new information;
- Assist with and conceive of email test plans.
- You have never once in your life said: "That's not my job";
- Extraordinary attention to detail;
- Enthusiasm about working to help elect Democrats up and down the ticket;
- An entrepreneurial and innovative spirit to identify opportunities to implement, execute, and optimize digital strategies;
- Demonstrated ability to multitask.
Bonus points for for any of the following:
- SQL database experience;
- Familiarity with an email tool like Blue State Digital, ActionKit, Salsa, Convio or similar;
- Ability to run basic statistical analysis -- or at least an eagerness to learn how.