The Democratic National Committee is looking to a talented, creative digital content director to help run some of the most prominent social media accounts and web properties in politics. You'll be responsible for planning, writing, executing and evaluating social media strategy, as well as managing the content creation process for our website and blog.
You'll work daily to engage hundreds of thousands of Americans to support President Obama and Democrats across the country, and coordinate with senior leadership to shape our organization's voice online.
- Experience running and growing social media accounts, preferably for an electoral campaign, elected official, advocacy organization, or non-profit;
- Strong interest in and understanding of organizing, campaigning, and politics;
- Deep understanding of social media (including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, and Pinterest) and blogging best practices;
- Excellent writing and editing skills and a strong, personable writing style;
- Ability to adapt to multiple platforms and multiple writing styles and voices when necessary;
- Ability to recognize a great hook or political moment, and use social media to move people to act online and off;
- Familiarity with online content management systems (e.g. Wordpress, Expression Engine, Hootsuite, etc.) and basic HTML;
- Familiarity with social media and web analytics;
- Willingness to work long hours -- this isn't a traditional 9-5 job -- and manage and multiple projects under deadline pressure
- Passion for engaging millions of Americans in advancing President Obama's agenda, strengthening the Democratic party, and changing the country
- Willingness to relocate to Washington, D.C.
Preference given to candidates who have:
- Experience managing and growing similarly high-profile social media accounts;
- Political or campaign experience;
- Either a deep, abiding love of .gifs or a strong counter argument.